The problem with blogging every day is, sometimes it’s 11:00 at night and I’m still trying to come up with a good topic to talk about. Chase had the day off and we did a lot of famjam stuff – mainly walking. And walking. And walking. We walked 4km with 2 kids tonight just to hit up a Tim Horton’s. Now it’s late and I’m sitting here, with a bit of baby puke on my shoulder, listening to Chase talk about how exhausted he is while he rocks Sprout to sleep (but he won’t let me take her), and all I want to do is shower and crawl into bed myself. Boo hoo, wah wah wah, I know. “I’m too tired to update my blog” is basically the definition of a First World Problem.
Here’s the first 5 random topics that come to mind:
- I finished Charlaine Harris’ Deadlocked (from the Sookie Stackhouse – aka True Blood – series) today, and all I have to say is eff Eric. Effffff that guy. I can’t wait for Sookie to start boning Sam because you KNOW it’s going to happen (I hope). I heard this next book is the last in the Sookie Stackhouse series and I am so, so sad about that.
- Chase just got the Sprout to sleep in under 5 minutes. I hate him a little because he’s the Baby Whisperer when it comes to that kid. I feed her (mostly from my own boobs, even! And she bites!), bathe her, change her, clean up her puke, and basically do all of the crappy grunt work. All I ask in return is that she love me above all others, but she likes her dad better. If someone wiped my ass on the daily, you’d better believe they would be my favourite person on earth. Show a little appreciation, kid!
- I can’t wait to read Awaken The Giant Within so I can tell Cointrin how aaaaaaamazing it is.
- I am excited to run with my friend tomorrow, but I’m dreading running at a normal, faster-than-a-snail’s pace. I’d better be able to keep up! I ran with Butterbean today, though, and I lapped the shit out of her. At least I can keep up with someone whose legs are half as long as mine.
- I can still hang by my knees on the monkey bars! I know, because I tried today. Getting down is a bit of a problem.